For a house to become a home, it needs to radiate the right kind of energy. According to a number of traditional beliefs, each home comes with its own energy type. A person dwelling in a house comes under the influence of a specific energy field, which in turn influences him in one way or the other. Therefore it’s very crucial to understand the link between the healing art of Vastu and our homes in honing positivity and good vibes. Keeping in mind the ‘ready-to-move-in’ houses (where architectural changes are not possible.
1- How yellow plays a major role in every aspect of daily life in India Vastu Shastra is an ancient guide for a positive home, right from the entrance of a house to the bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, outdoors, and courtyard.
2 -Vastu for the Living Room: Social In a home, the living room is where most of the activity is centered. It creates a favorable (or unfavorable)first impression when guests enter for social gatherings. Therefore, ensure the living room is clutter-free.
3-Vaastu Shastra | 5 ways to boost positive energy in the important areas at home As per Vastu, the main door should be constructed in a way to ensure that when you step out, you face the north, east or north-east direction Considered as the “archway to victory and progress in life”, the main door should face north, east or in the north-east direction. It must be constructed in a way to ensure that when you step out, you face the north, east or north-east direction.
4-The main door to your home should be constructed with superior quality wood. It should tower above the other doors in your house,
- and look the most appealing. Avoid placing a fountain, or any other decorative water-centric element, outside the main door.
- Avoid placing a shoe rack or dustbin outside the main door.
- There shouldn’t be a bathroom near the main door.
- Ensure the main entrance is well lit.
- Avoid painting the main door black.
- Decorate your door with beautiful nameplates and auspicious torans.
- Avoid placing animal statues or figurines near the main door.
- Ensure your main door opens in a clockwise manner.
5-A living room in a Vastu compliant home
- The living room should face east, north or north-east. Alternatively, a north-west-facing living room is also favorable.
- Heavy furniture should be kept in the west or south-west direction of the living room.
- All electronics and appliances should be installed in the south-east section of the living room
- If there is a mirror in the room, ensure it is placed on the north wall